‘Seeing with New Eyes’- An INSET photography workshop for teachers
Benefits to teachers (Primary, Secondary and Special Needs)
- Slow down and connect with your creativity
- Feel empowered to teach simple and effective photography skills to children
- Learn new techniques to use in the classroom to support children to see the world around them with a new perspective
- Help your school achieve an ArtsMark
A day’s workshop can include
- using quiet, reflection and focus as a part of a contemplative process that encourages vision and creativity.
- using your own eyes as well as cameras to explore the school environment and each other, including natural objects, outdoor projects and portraits
- how photography links with the curriculum
- using photography as a tool to look again as issues and interests e.g. sense of place, identity, wellbeing, the environment, sustainable living, the community
- technicalities relating to camera care, equipment, editing and using photos
This workshop is a collaboration between Ruth Davey from Look Again and Nikki Simpson from Light Creations. They bring their experience of using photography as a tool for personal, business and community development together into a unique and creative package for teachers. Both are CRB checked and have extensive experience of running workshops in schools both in the UK and abroad.
For further information please contact